What vehicles to rent in Costa Rica?

Hi! We're planning a trip to Costa Rica. There will be 11 in our group, including two children (10yo and 7yo) in boosters and a 3yo in a RF carseat. We're trying to figure out the best way to manage the car renting. One option is to rent a van listed on the website as "Hyundai H1 or similar" that seats up to 12 (but has almost no luggage space with 12 people in it) AND a car that seats 4-5. This way, we'd get our luggage from the airport to the lodging, but when we don't have luggage with us, we'd all fit in the 12 passenger van. But will a RF carseat fit in a Hyundai H1? And I am having trouble finding seatbelt info -- does this van have only lap belts?

Another option is to rent two 7-seater vehicles, but then we wouldn't have the option of my sister and her boyfriend going off by themselves while the rest of us go somewhere else.

Any thoughts? I'm tired of trying to figure out these rental issues!! Aaaaahhhhhh!!

Nicole

ADS

Dillipop

In the states, we just rented 2 compact cars for less than the cost of a 7 seater van. Do you have enough adults to drive 3 smaller cars? If so, would the cost of 3 small cars be comparable to 2 vans or a large van and small car? It might be the best way to guarantee luggage and people space and still give the flexibility to split up as needed.

Yes, we'll have five potential drivers! (Although only two or three of them would actually WANT to have to drive in San José, haha.) I had not considered just getting three "regular" cars. Thanks for helping me think outside the box! I'll look at the prices.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC