Using own toddler car seats in a taxi

sidorovonline

Hi there,

I live in a city, and I don't have own car. If I need to go somewhere with my child, I can use a taxi or a car sharing. I have a travel system with a baby car seat, and it's very useful because I can use it as a stroller when I arrived somewhere. Winter in coming and I'm not sure that when my 12 kg child starts wearing a jacket, he will fit into a baby car seat. Thus, my child needs something bigger. The next category is a toddler car seat. But the problem is that it seems there is no portable toddler car seat on the market at all. All of them are huge, and they can only be installed with a very massive base. So it means I need to take a stroller and carry the car seat if I need to go somewhere with my child. I think it's not always possible to bring so many heavy stuff. What do people usually do in this case if they don't have a car?

Thanks

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

How old and tall is your child? What infant seat are you using now? In most cases it is not safe to leave a winter coat on a child in a car seat. We can give you more info on that if you want, but either way I am sure you will need a convertible seat for your child soon. Are you in Canada or somewhere else?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There are very lightweight, easy to carry convertible seats on the market that can be carried in a backpack style bag, lashed to a stroller or cart, etc.

There are further options once a child is older, but for kids just outgrowing a rear facing only bucket a lightweight convertible is the way to go.

Once we have the info Melody asked for above we can give more specific recommendations. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC