Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Need to replace Britax Marathon?

My son peeled off the sticker on my britax marathon.

I emailed them to see about getting a replacement sticker and they told me I can not get a replacement sticker and to stop using the seat.

I'm not sure WHY a seat would become unsafe simply because a sticker fell off. It's a spare seat that is shared by my 3 year old and my 6 year old. It's hard to explain but only the top half of the sticker came off (the piece with the colors). I can still faintly see the words on the sticker and the level line, so I drew it on with a marker since it seems the level line is the important piece of information on the sticker (there is also a sticker with a level line on the other side of the seat with all the same information).

I've owned the seat for 5 years, so I am quite familiar with the manual and how to convert between a rear and forward facing seat.
    Mom in a Buick Verano + Dad in a Nissan Frontier
    DS1 6.5, 35lbs, 42" FF in a Harmony Defender + KidEmbrace Spider-Man
    DS2 2.7, 27lbs, 35" RF in a Cosco Scenera Next + Britax Marathon 70-G3

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Need to replace Britax Marathon?

I would imagine that certain stickers and certain wording are required to be there. They're gone, the seat is no longer compliant.

Plus, the recline indicator being gone is a big deal.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 50", 70#, Nuna Aaces, Safety 1st Incognito
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic

Re: Need to replace Britax Marathon?

Even though I drew it back on?

It seems like such a waste. I mean, I understand if britax can't sell the seat like that due to certain regulations, but why would it be unsafe for me as a consumer to use it?
    Mom in a Buick Verano + Dad in a Nissan Frontier
    DS1 6.5, 35lbs, 42" FF in a Harmony Defender + KidEmbrace Spider-Man
    DS2 2.7, 27lbs, 35" RF in a Cosco Scenera Next + Britax Marathon 70-G3