Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Accident Replacement: Graco Combination seats?

Been out of the carseat loop for a good year, but hoping to get some expertise on some possible new seats...

For the second time in under 2 years, my unoccupied seats were involved in a car accident. This time, it is our Evenflo ProComfort Triumph and our Evenflo ProComfort Right Fit booster. Technically the accident is minor by the NHTSA standards, so have to wait to see what the insurance company is going to cover, but last time they replaced both of my seats under the same situation. My husbands van was hit on the booster seat side in a roundabout Though honestly I am not concerned about replacing the booster since it isn't latched so cant imagine there was stress on it.

If I get the option to replace the triumph with something comparable pricewise, I am leaning toward the cheaper Graco combination seats. We have 2 Nautilus seats that I love, but thinking of something easy and lighter may be a nice change. So I would love opinions on the Atlas vs Tranzitions/Wayz for a 34lb 36" almost 3 year old. We have a flight planned next year, so something airplane friendly would be a plus. We will move his Nautilus to the van (our family/travel vehicle) so this new seat would go in our second vehicle that he rarely rides in.

Thanks!!
    Big Boy G: 11/6/2012, 46lb/47", Evenflo Procomfort RightFit HBB, Graco Nautilus 65 Safety Surround, Harmony Defender
    Little Bro C - 12/4/2015, 27lb/33" Evenflo Triumph ProComfort, Cosco Apt 50, Cosco Scenera NEXT
    Extra Seats: Evenflo Maestro, Evenflo Big Kid HBB

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Accident Replacement: Graco Combination seats?

I found the Atlas (same platform as Nautilus) nice and easy to install in my 2017 Corolla. The Tranzitions was also nice but I couldn’t get installed securely in the center where I needed it to go. It may be better with the lower anchors, I don’t know. I believe it has a 45lb lower anchor limit. I like our SureRide as a FF travel seat and have never had install issues with it.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and Boulevard G4
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag