Accident Replacement: Graco Combination seats?

rin2809

Been out of the carseat loop for a good year, but hoping to get some expertise on some possible new seats...

For the second time in under 2 years, my unoccupied seats were involved in a car accident. This time, it is our Evenflo ProComfort Triumph and our Evenflo ProComfort Right Fit booster. Technically the accident is minor by the NHTSA standards, so have to wait to see what the insurance company is going to cover, but last time they replaced both of my seats under the same situation. My husbands van was hit on the booster seat side in a roundabout :( Though honestly I am not concerned about replacing the booster since it isn't latched so cant imagine there was stress on it.

If I get the option to replace the triumph with something comparable pricewise, I am leaning toward the cheaper Graco combination seats. We have 2 Nautilus seats that I love, but thinking of something easy and lighter may be a nice change. So I would love opinions on the Atlas vs Tranzitions/Wayz for a 34lb 36" almost 3 year old. We have a flight planned next year, so something airplane friendly would be a plus. We will move his Nautilus to the van (our family/travel vehicle) so this new seat would go in our second vehicle that he rarely rides in.

Thanks!!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

I found the Atlas (same platform as Nautilus) nice and easy to install in my 2017 Corolla. The Tranzitions was also nice but I couldn’t get installed securely in the center where I needed it to go. It may be better with the lower anchors, I don’t know. I believe it has a 45lb lower anchor limit. I like our SureRide as a FF travel seat and have never had install issues with it.

rin2809

Just got word from the insurance company that the seat is officially OK to be replaced and they are sending me a check to get what I would like. Now I really need to just decide between the Tranzitions and the Atlas since they are the same price basically on Amazon.

Given what I read above and from reviews, the Tranzitions can be a pain to install and if we are using it for travel, I worry about rental cars. I also read the back snaps off easily? I like the Atlas, but part of the appeal of the smaller seats would be the narrow and lightweight aspect. I hate how heavy our Nautilus seats are and the Atlas seems similar.

Anyone have experience with them? Is there a big enough difference between in weight and size to make the install troubles worthwhile? I am not concerned about the backless booster functionality. We already have a few extras sitting around and they are cheap when we get to that point.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC