Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

LBB and HBB suggestions

Im looking for seat suggestions for my 7.5yo. Shes been in a Frontier in booster mode in both of our cars for almost a year and rides in a LBB occasionally in my moms car. She does very well in both types of seat. Im wanting to pass her frontiers down to little sister, so Im looking for new seats for DD. Id like a HBB for my car (04 Saturn Ion) and a LBB for DHs car (08 Jeep Liberty.

DD is 7.5yo, ~55lbs, and ~51.

Suggestions?

ETA: a HBB is needed in my car because there are no headrests in the back!
    Last edited by MUTigers; 09-13-2018 at 02:24 PM.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: LBB and HBB suggestions

Since there are no headrests, I'd look at the Evenflo Spectrum and Peg Perego Flex 120. They're both super tall and don't require a headrest. If you get the Evenflo, just have her buckle it in when she gets out.

For the backless, a Cosco Rise, Harmony Youth Booster, Graco Turbobooster backless, Evenflo Amp/Big Kid backless are all fine.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 50", 70#, Nuna Aaces, Safety 1st Incognito
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic

Carseat Crazy

Re: LBB and HBB suggestions

Thanks!

Im leaning towards the TurboBooster XL for the NBB. I had her sit in it and she liked it.

Im leaning towards the high back version for my car. I think I read it can be used without vehicle head support.

Well probably have 2 new cars in the next year, so the lack of a head rest is temporary and well switch to NBBs in both cars.