Question Car seat for 2 year old.

U

Unregistered

My nephew is 8 days shy of being two years old. He is 32lbs and 35in tall. His pervious car seat straps got too tight and we couldn’t loosen them. We bought a booster seat with a back and checked it before we left the store to make sure it would work properly. The shoulder strap and lap belt reat where the manual said they should. I’m just hesitant because I don’t think he’s big enough just yet. The manual said 44-100lbs and 44-57in.

ADS

happymom

Hi! We are glad you are here. You are correct to be hesitant since it is not appropriate for a child his age/size. Can you please tell me what seat he has outgrown?

A rear facing convertible seat would be best suited for him. If you provide a budget, we can help you make a safe choice for him. Are you open to keeping him rear facing in a proper seat?
The seat you bought would be more appropriate for a 5-10 year old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC