Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Long distance travel car seat and bottom comfort

We frequently travel 6+ hours with our toddler and am finding his bottom hurts and is extremely red after about 2 hours in his car seat. (We do stop frequeantly for tests and leg stretchi outsdie the car.) We currently have the grace 4ever all-in-one car seat and itís too hard for his bottom. He cries because it hurts. Iím also very frustrated with the straps and itís hard to adjust and they donít seem to tighten correctly anymore. Is there a car seat that I can get for my son that has a very comfortable cushion for his bottom or one that you can add that is car seat approved and also has straps that are easily adjusted for safety and preferable easy to clean?? Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Long distance travel car seat and bottom comfort

If he is in diapers, that may be more of an issue than the padding. Something to consider. I have that seat and I believe you can use the infant body cushion at any time rear-facing. That would give him more butt padding.

As for the straps being difficult, I found a trick to tightening them easily. Again assuming he is rear-facing, pull all the slack from the harness starting at the hips. Use one hand to pull the harness snug behind the seat, and pull the harness adjuster strap with the other hand. Also, make sure the harness is in the closest slot at or below his shoulders. If it is too low, that could make tightening harder.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and Boulevard G4
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag