Graco Extend2Fit?

tobypuppy

Hey all,

Looking for a convertible for a friends baby who is due soon, I am already getting them a KeyFit infant seat. I’d like it to last to 5 rf as I am not comfortable with ff harnessed sears after researching. Is the Graco Extend2Fit a good seat? I like its long lasting rf capability.

ADS

jjordan

It is a good seat. However many people choose to use rear facing only seats at first (the kind that use a base in the car and can be taken out of the car and used as a carrier), so before buying a convertible, I would double-check with your friends that it's what they want. You can read good reviews of the Extend2Fit and other convertibles on carseatblog.com. Reviews

Carseatblog has a list of recommended seats for other ideas. There are options other than the E2F that will rear face average kids to age 4+.
Recommended seats

aporthole

Can I ask what your opposition is to forward-facing with a harness? Is this a belief the parents have brought up or is it strictly your own belief? VERY few people will want to rear-face to age 5+ nor is it necessary. If that is something that they feel very strongly about, they are more than welcome to make that choice, but it isn’t something I’d try to convince someone to do.

That said, the Extend2Fit is a great choice for people with a need for a 50 lb rear-facing limit seat. It does have a couple drawbacks (the harness can be difficult to tighten sometimes and the harness pads cannot be used forward-facing) but other than that, it is a great seat.

tobypuppy

I am personally uncomfortable with the increased neck loads with ff harnessing and prefer to follow the Swedish model of rf to booster. Are there any other midrange seats you would recommend? Are the diono seats difficult to install rf?

jjordan

Diono seats are sometimes difficult. It really depends on the car. They can be outgrown b6 height rear facing before 40 pounds, so not necessarily among the longer-lasting rf seats. Also when used for a newborn they take up lots of front-back space. Did you check out the link for carseatblog recommended seats? That’s a good starting point.

flutie128

Can I ask if your friend is on board to rear face until 5? It is fine that you feel that forward facing isn't safe but just because you think that doesn't mean your friend thinks that. I have the extend 2 fit and really like it. I haven't noticed it being hard to tighten and I've used it for over a year.

tobypuppy

My friend is pretty much deferring to me since she is a first time mom. Neither of my kids ERFd and I am just trying to provide her with best practice

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC