Combi Coccoro?

tobypuppy

Hi All,
My BFF is expecting in February and I told her and her fiancé that I would buy them a car seat. Is the combi coccoro still a thing and is there still a stroller for it? If not, what about a Chicco Fit2??

ADS

aporthole

The Coccoro is still made. There isn’t an official stroller for it at this point since the Combi Flash was discontinued quite a few years ago now, but the Mountain Buggy Nano can accept the Coccoro via the securing strap.

That said, I’d only suggest the Coccoro for some very limited situations. It isn’t the most user-friendly. It has a niche that it fills but outside of a super tight 3-across and international travel, it wouldn’t be my first choice.

Is this their first first child? What vehicle(s) do they drive? Are there unique circumstances that make the Coccoro and Chicco Fit2 your top options?

tobypuppy

Yes, it is their first child. They drive a 2016 Honda CR-V, so there is a decent amount of room. I wanted to get a longer lasting seat than the traditional infant seat, and I like that the fit two lasts until 35 in. I haven’t brought up ERF yet so I wanted to ensure that the baby would at least make it to 2 rf. I also like the looks of the Chicco urban stroller. Haven’t been in the loop for several years since my youngest dd is nearly 13 and has been out of car seats for a few years. I don’t really have a set budget but would like to keep the seat under $300

aporthole

I’d probably just stick to a standard KeyFit then. For first time parents, RF to at least 2 is pretty well known at this point. I get the most pushback against RF to 2 from older veteran parents that turned their older kids early and see no problem with doing the same with the younger kids.
The Fit2 would be fine, but not worth the extra cost in my opinion except for those without a car using public transportation and taxis/ride shares frequently.

I’m personally not a fan of travel systems and never used our car seat on our stroller. Very few of the car seat manufacturer strollers are all that great. Something like the Baby Jogger City Mini GT is typically my top pick stroller. You can get an adapter for the KeyFit if they want to use it as a travel system.

tobypuppy

Just looked up the baby jogger, what do you like about it? I’m looking for a stroller that can recline relatively flat for a newborn. I honestly don’t kind paying a bit extra for the fit 2 if it will last an extra year. I never really used a stroller with dd and had an Evenflo travel system for my DS who is now 22. I’m not really sure how well the Chicco stroller holds up and can’t find many reviews online

aporthole

We used our City Mini as early as 3 weeks. It goes almost fully flat. They are just overall a great quality stroller. The push is smooth even over grass and gravel. The fold is insanely quick and easy and can be done one handed while holding baby with your other arm.

As far as KeyFit vs Fit2, I rather save the extra money and put that toward a good quality stroller or put that money towards a convertible later. People are still going to need a convertible even after the Fit2 and most kids are going to be more comfortable switching to a convertible at around a year versus staying in the Fit2 all the way to the upper limits.

tobypuppy

I actually really like the baby jogger and it has really good reviews, thanks for the suggestion! At this point I will probably go with that and the Keyfit 30. I will definitely be back with more questions when it’s time for a convertible! Thank you!

flutie128

I love the city mini too. I would not assume that a baby would fit in the fit2 until 2 because my 18 month old was 34 inches at 18 months and so at 22 months I'm guessing it at least 35 inches tall right now. I know she is in the 95-99% for both height and weight but still you can't predict how tall a baby will be.

tobypuppy

OK totally new idea. What about the Clek foonf with an infant insert and just using the citi mini in the reclined position? They plan on baby wearing, so I’m not sure how convenience an infant seat would really add given how fast it is outgrown...

aporthole

That could work. It would be a much more expensive option though. You could get a KeyFit + mid-priced convertible later for less than the Foonf + Infant Thingy or even a different newborn friendly convertible like the Britax Boulevard ClickTight. I also babywear 95% of the time but still personally prefer an infant seat over convertible from birth. I could have used a convertible from birth and we did put our youngest in a Boulevard ClickTight for a few weeks starting when he was 7 weeks old, but we went back to the KeyFit until he was about 7 months old. Pretty much the only time we took the seat out of the car was when we were eating out at restaurants so we had somewhere safe to put the baby while we were eating.

lgenne

I don’t know where you live, but I would not want to use a convertible from birth with a newborn in February. With an infant seat, you can get them in and out where it’s warm, and throw a blanket over them rather than trying to put them in a super cold car seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC