Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Registered User - Awaiting Moderation

Seats for 2011 Chrysler Town and Country

We just received a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country with a wheelchair conversion. The captains chairs are missing because that it where the wheelchair is tied down. I am trying to figure out what car seats I can use in the back for my two younger kids. I have a 4 year old that is 38-39” and 36lbs. My 2 year old is 24 lbs and 33”. I’m having a hard time figuring out what seats to put them in and how to configure them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Seats for 2011 Chrysler Town and Country

What seats do you already own?

Does the wheelchair sit in the middle or off towards one side in the 2nd row area?

CPS Fanatic

Re: Seats for 2011 Chrysler Town and Country

Your kids are young enough that they should both still be harnessed. Getting 2 back there can be challenging, but there’s one way to make it easy in general, and I think in your case there’s one other option.

For the 4 year old, any car seat you already have that’s light enough to be installed with lower anchors (+ tether) should use the one set of lower anchors (and the one tether). Note that the vast majority of harnessed car seats will work in this position.

Then on the passenger side, your 2 year old should rear face. 2 options that should probably work for you:

1) A Cosco Scenera NEXT. Generally it has to be very upright to fit behind a captains chair in this position, but you can probably install it with any recline.

2) An Evenflo Sureride. This generally doesn’t fit behind a captains chair at all, but with no captains chair, it should work.