Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Marcemart

3 boosters in Tesla Model 3

Our family recently bought a Tesla Model 3 and was wondering if anyone has been able to fit 3 boosters in the back. I want all my kids in a booster (5, 6 and 8). I usually drive an Oddy and my youngest sit in 2 Frontiers and my oldest in a Pioneer. Thank you in advance.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Re: 3 boosters in Tesla Model 3

With Teslas, you're dealing with a couple of problems: a buckle that's even with the seat bight (crack) and you can't use LATCH with boosters. So even if you weren't dealing with a 3-across, you'd need a narrow booster just to access the buckle.

If you're looking for a combination seat (harness that converts to belt-positioning booster), I'd look at the Chicco MyFit. It's narrow and the harness adjusts smoothly and stores on-board.

The Evenflo Big Kid Amp is narrow and inexpensive. It doesn't adjust very tall, but it can become a backless booster.

The Peg Perego Viaggio Flex 120 is a narrow booster that doesn't have arms, so you don't have to worry about those getting in the way. It's very expensive and doesn't convert to a backless booster. So basically you're spending a lot of money on a narrow booster without arms, but that's kind of what you're looking for. The Evenflo may accomplish what you need though.

Depending on how heavy your 8 yr old is, the Safety 1st Incognito may work. It has a 60 lbs. minimum weight limit, but it's narrow, thin, and discreet (and inexpensive).

The Harmony Youth Booster is also narrow and if I remember tomorrow, I try it out in ours.