Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

3 Car Seats Across in 2005 Corolla and 2008 Altima

Hi -

Can this be done?

Currently have DS #1 - 6.5 years; 44.6 inches but probably taller now; 44 lbs forward facing in 5 point Britax Frontier.
    DS #2 - 2.5 years, will be 3 in October 2018; 36 inches; 28 lbs forward facing in Britax Boulevard. Was turned FF this summer at 2.5 years due to car sickness and vomiting several times per road trip. :|
    I apologize; no torso heights for either child.
    Same seats in both cars, 2005 Corolla and 2008 Altima.
    Britax Boulevards expire in 3 months so need to replace those seats anyway.
    Baby #3 due January 2019 and we are hoping to seat 3 across each vehicle. Plan for baby would be Chicco KeyFit 30. Average baby size has been over 9 lbs and older boys have fit well in this seat.

What would new seat recommendations be for near-3-year-old? I have purchased 1 Diono Radian 120 that is on order.
    The Britax Frontiers are fairly new seats - probably only 1.5 years old so I would hate to not be able to use them but I'm not sure if it would be able to accommodate 3 across if we didn't buy a narrower seat or booster for eldest. These don't expire for several more years.
    If we are able to do 3 across, can we still use the car seat base for the Chicco KeyFit 30? Or will this require seat belting baby in for every ride?
    Would a booster be the best option for DS #1? I've also read that having to seat belt in a booster is kind of a pain the butt for 3 across due to difficulty accessing the seat belt. He's currently comfortably harnessed in with no complaints.
    Looking for suggestions from the wise car seat gurus. Do have a call into our local Safety Shoppe/CSTs for advice as well.

Thank you!
    Andrea D.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads