Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

2016 Toyota Tacoma

Hello,

I have a 2016 double cab Tacoma- my son is currently 3 months old and we are using the chicco keyfit 30 which fits fine (the passenger seat has to be forward a bit which can be squishy for the wife when shes with me). However I am trying to figure out the best convertible car seat that is both top rated and will fit comfortable without having to give up the truck and for the wife to be comfortable as well as a passenger with using the LATCH system. We have a Gracco 4-ever but I tested it out and it may be a little tight once he moves to the convertible.

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: 2016 Toyota Tacoma

Hi there.

If you have a rear middle seat, using the seatbelt in the middle may give the front seat people more room. Lower anchors are not safer than the seatbelt. They're simply an option.

There are also no safety ratings for seats. They all pass the same tests.

For more compact seats without knowing your son's height and weight, I'd look at the Graco Extend2Fit and Cosco Scenera Next. When he's sitting upright unassisted, the Safety 1st Grow and Go/Grow and Go Air/Grow and Go EX Air, Safety 1st MultiFit EX Air would be options. The Britax ClickTight convertibles would also be good for when he can stand the angle at which they fit.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100.6#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 50", 70#, Nuna Aaces
    in a 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser and my 2017 Volvo XC90