Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Convertible for newborn?

I'm looking at the Graco Size4Me for a newborn in a captains chair of a Dodge Grand Caravan. My other thoughts were NextFit or Boulevard, but I like the price of the Graco better. The reviews seem like any of these would fit an average newborn well, but I'm wondering if any of you know if one of these would fit at a newborn angle in a Grand Caravan better than the others.

Or do you know of anything coming out before Feb/March?
    Thanks!
    DD1 - Oct 2008, 70lbs, 53" 2013 Parkway SG
    DD2 - Sept 2010, 65lbs, 52" 2013 Parkway SGL
    DD3 - Nov 2012, 45lbs, 44" harnessed in Frontier 85
    #4 - Due Feb 2019

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Convertible for newborn?

I don't know of anything coming out that sounds promising (there are a couple of new ones on the market, one seems meh, and one I don't know yet how it works). But the Size4Me generally fits newborns well, and should fit front to back in your van. However, because your van's captain's chairs are so sloped, I can nearly guarantee you'll need pool noodles or a rolled towel to get it to a newborn recline.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100.6#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 50", 70#, Nuna Aaces
    in a 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser and my 2017 Volvo XC90

Carseat Crazy

Re: Convertible for newborn?

Thanks! I can totally do a pool noodle or towel as long as the seat allows it!