Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Corola 1998 Retrofit Tether

I'm from Puerto Rico and we don't qualify for the Toyota Retrofit Program and I would like to know if anyone knows the part number for the tether so I can order it myself. I've seen most say it's under $20, but a dealer told me it cost double and a bit more. I want to be sure he knows what I'm talking about because no one I've spoken to has ever retrofitted a car.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Corola 1998 Retrofit Tether

Because of the way our retrofit program works, I don't have access to a part number. I would suggest calling Toyota Corporate: https://www.toyota.com/support/contact-us
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 14, Bridget, 12, Maggie, 10, Katie Sue, 6
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

For what it's worth, the LATCH manual lists the same top tether anchor retrofit part number 73709-20010 called a "bracket sub-assembly, tether anchor" for all retrofittable 1979-1999 model year U.S and Canadian market Toyotas. Instructions for installing the top tether anchor retrofit part are not included with the Toyota tether anchor retrofit part kit but are provided in the retrofittable Toyota vehicle owner's manual. IMHO there's a reasonable possibility it would be the same top tether anchor retrofit part number for a Toyota Corolla model in Puerto Rico, a U.S. territory. Hopefully a Toyota dealership parts or service department in the OP's area and/or Toyota corporate can verify the part number to be certain and also to help comparison shop on the pricing.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Instructions are found in the manual on pg. 65 and Jean provided you with the part number. It's a pretty easy install provided you have access to a torque wrench—any hardware store will have one. I installed the tether anchors in my 2001 Toyota Sienna way back when and the biggest hassle was cutting the carpet in the floor. Yours are in your back package shelf, so easier to find.

https://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/docu...56U_edited.pdf