Question Convertible car seat for Subaru impreza

C

Celine

Please help. Looking for a convertible car seat for 2015 hatchback Subaru Impreza. 12 month old, 21 pounds, no other backseat drivers. Want to keep him rear facing as long as possible and looking for something that will last as he grows. Thank you so much!

ADS

oakster

We have the very same car, and used a Britax Marathon (ours was an older style, but newer Clicktight ones would work even better). That was great both rear- and forward-facing, with room (albeit not much of it!) for backseat riders. I expect that a Chicco NextFit would work well too. The main thing you want is a seat that's relatively compact front-to-back so that you can put the seats back. The downside to those two is that if you plan to have more children and might eventually need three across, you would likely need narrower seats to make it work. But I'd cross that bridge when you get to it!

MelodyoftheForest

I had a NextFit in a 2010 Legacy, and it was quite compact. I found the Graco 4Ever and Britax Boulevard (comparable to the new Essentials by Britax Emblem) pretty compact in our 2017 Corolla.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC