Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maxi Cosi Prezi

Maxi Cosi Prezi

Juliecao611
    Jun 30, 12:53 AM EDT
    Hi there community. Iíve done research online and am unclear on the expiration date for an infant car seat I just bought used. Online says either 6 or 8 years for Maxi Cosi Prezi manufactured January 2, 2013. Also if someone can help me find out if itís compatible with the Bugaboo Cameleon Maxi Cosi adapters. These are all hand-me-downs and or bought used.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Maxi Cosi Prezi

First, who did you buy the seat from? Do you trust them with your baby's life? Do you know for sure it was never in any kind of crash, never checked on an airplane, always washed according to instructions, and never modified? If you don't know the answers to all these questions, the seat is not safe to use.

Second, I see that a reputable review put out the month your seat was manufactured says it expires after 6 years, so it only has 6 months of life left. If the seat doesn't have a manual that would give you this answer, you need to get a manual so you can know if it was used correctly and how you can use it correctly.

I have no idea about the stroller adapters, sorry!
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and Boulevard G4
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

Re: Maxi Cosi Prezi

Don't use a used car seat you don't know the history of. Where I work parents bring in used seats for their babies all the time, even from trusted friends, that aren't put together correctly or are missing pieces. Even if you received the seat from someone you trust, you need your manual to be sure the seat is correctly assembled. Also look online to be sure the seat is not recalled. You'll need the serial number and date of manufacture for that. Riding in the car is the most dangerous thing your baby will do. Following manufacture instructions for installation and use, and meeting with a CPST to teach you about your seat and how to install it is important! Congrats on your new baby or soon to be baby!
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/4Ever
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pippa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG