Outgrown Booster, or not?

momemmie

I have a super tall 9 year old. She is 59" and weighs about 85 lbs. She doesn't fit well in her Frontier - the shoulder strap fits too low and the head piece is raised all the way up. but she can't pass the 5 step test in my 2012 CRV- the shoulder belt sits too far forward and cuts at neck. I need another seat for my car- the primary car- but I need one that fits heights over 57"? or do I? She seems to have a good fit with her Even Flow Amp in this picture, but it says 57" is the max and I haven't found a backless for reasonable price (under $50) that fits children taller than 57". Should I keep using the even flow amp until she passes the 5 point test? or find something else, and what?

(the parkway backless is in babysitters car, and she has an incognito in husbands Tacoma)
TIA

Attachments

• carseat.png
    carseat.png
    732.5 KB · Views: 41
ADS

momemmie

I want to keep the sturdier seat in babysitters car because it’s smaller car (older Mazda 2) and doesn’t feel as safe to me. Although she’s only in it once every week maybe. So that might not be the best place for the best seat.
I was told my issue with the seat shoulder-belt wouldn’t be corrected well by another incognito. And it’s true that the should belt is so far forward that she has to sit a bit higher for it to fall in the right place. I tried to attach a picture but I can’t see that it’s there.
Also I’ve sent evenflo a message asking for their info

Last edited:

MelodyoftheForest

I recently did a bit of research on boosters that have a 63" height limit because I have a very tall niece. The two backless boosters with that height limit are the Diono Hip and Peg Perego Shuttle. I am seeing the Hip for under $30 at Walmart and Jet and $35 on Amazon. The Shuttle does look pricey!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC