Must Vent...

AgwasStars2

I just wanted to let everyone know how annoyed I am with my DH right now. He HAD to go out and buy a Nissan Sentra, which as I'm sure you all know, isn't exactly a big car. It works for now (other than making me nervous because it's so compact), because we only have one child, but we both want another one, and I have no clue how he plans on getting more than one carseat in there. Anyway, does anyone else have problems like this? See, I tried to talk him into something more logical, something a little larger, that would be more of a family car...but he wanted to feel like a teenager again I guess, so he wanted to get a fast car. (The Sentra we got is a Spec V, it has six gears, 180 horsepower). Now, WHY would a father want to get a fast car? Wouldn't he be more concerned with his child's SAFETY?!?! Maybe it's just me...

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Actually, the Sentra has more rear hip room than the Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus or Volvo S40. It doesn't have a lot of rear leg room, but you should be able to fit 2 seats back there. It didn't score too bad in the IIHS Crash tests, either.

It didn't score great on the government crash tests, but there are lots of worse vehicles out there.

Is this your only vehicle? I wouldn't exactly be thrilled at my hubby for spending that kind of money on a car that wouldn't meet our needs in the long term, but he definitely could have done a lot worse!

AgwasStars2

No, thank God, this is our secondary vehicle. We bought an Avalanche last year, which is HUGE, which is why it makes me so nervous having Andrew in a small car. And about fitting two carseats, I'm sure it would be okay, but I really want twins (not that I have any control over that), and I know three seats wouldn't fit. Eric (DH) claims that three seats wouldn't even fit in the Avalanche, but I know they would, right now we have one in the middle, and there is more than enough room on either side for another seat. And yes, it's okay to have the seat in the middle...I checked.
About the backseat of the Sentra being bigger than other cars, I actually didn't know that. I used to have a Jetta, and I knwo the backseat in that was extremely small, and I knew the Sentra was bigger than that, but I didn't realize it was bigger than the others too, so thank you for your response, at least I feel a little better about it. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
<praying for twins for ya!> Oh yes, the Avalanche DEFINITELY fits three seats...I know a mom who had a Husky, Marathon, and something else, like a Roundabout? in there easily. And I'm sure just "the right" seats would work in the Sentra...but I totally hear you on "why?"...My dh could have just died when I insisted on a 4-door car when I was pregnant ("I feel like an old man!") and then the next car he bought was a Miata! Argh! At least I got a CR-V for me, and now I have my lovely minivan, so I don't care what he drives (actually, all we can afford right now is a 1996 Aspire...I'll trade you for your Sentra? This darn aspire has NO seatbelt at all in the middle...even when there's only one kid in it, they HAVE to ride in the outboard seat...it gives me the shivers...

Anyway, I totally hear where you're coming from...I'm sure next time DH clears a big paycheck or two, he's coming home with a Crossfire or RX-8...ugh!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC