Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Jonblaze

Maxima car seats, three across —help

Hello all, I have 2 kids but due to an emergency I’m gonna have to watch my niece this summer. So just for the summer I will have to fit 3 kids into my car. I have a 2009 maxima and a 2013 cx-5. I have a 21lb child that rear faces, 43lb child forward facing and my niece is 65lbs. Her mother has her in a backless booster. I currently hv a Britax Marathon and boulevard, graco nautilus and a Cosco scenera. I am willing to buy one more seat to make this work. Has anybody been able to get 3 across in either of these vehicles and what do you recommend I do. Only 1 child needs to rear face, 1 in convertible and 1 in backless booster but I can put her in a Highback if it’ll fit easier.
    Thank you so much to all,
    Jonathan

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Maxima car seats, three across —help

Hi Jonathan,

How old is everyone?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 50", 70#, Nuna Aaces, Safety 1st Incognito
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic

Daughter-6
    Son-1.5
    Niece-6

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Do you have a Scenera, or a Scenera Next?

Is your six year old booster ready?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 50", 70#, Nuna Aaces, Safety 1st Incognito
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic

Moderator - CPS Technician

What seat does your 6 year old normally ride in? If you put a seat for her outboard (the narrowest one that you have that she fits in) and the Scenera on the other side for your toddler, how much space do you have in the middle? Install both outside seats with seat belts and try to move them as close to the outside of the car as possible.
    Cutie #1 (11 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (9 years) riding in a Recaro Probooster

Cutie #3 (6 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (4 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (1 year) riding in a Nuna Rava