Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Harness small on Britax Boulevard Clicktight?

My 4-yr-old (41", 48 lbs) is looking uncomfortable in her Britax Boulevard Clicktight. This is our second vehicle and travel seat (because it's so easy to install). Her pudgy little legs have seemed tight with the short crotch strap for a while, but she hasn't been complaining. Lately, it iseems that we are at the end of the line as far as the straps in general pulling out. It stops letting out with about 6" of strap left in the bottom adjustment strap. She's at the most strap I can let out, and it's still super difficult to buckle.

I know she's a chunky kid, but will that really make so much difference that she would outgrow a 65 lb/49" seat without being near either limit, or is there something wrong with our seat? Any suggestions for anything I can adjust to make it work for her a little longer?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Harness small on Britax Boulevard Clicktight?

Did you undo the loops at the hips on the inside? They're designed to get longer to have more harness as a child grows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNm6F5PD7wA

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100.6#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 50", 70#, Nuna Aaces
    in a 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser and my 2017 Volvo XC90