Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

LATCH system weight limit

Does anyone know the weight limit using the latch system in a 2010 Jeep liberty? I can't find it in the owner's manual.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: LATCH system weight limit

If your seat was made after 2/27/14, you go by the weight limit stated on the sticker/in the manual of your seat.

Do you have a seat made before that?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 50", 70#, Nuna Aaces, Safety 1st Incognito
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic

Unregistered

No, my seat was made in 2016. Someone told me each vehicle has a certain amount of weight the latch system can hold. Like my carseat is 19 pounds and my son is 28 is that too much weight on the latch system or should we be using a seatbelt to secure his carseat?

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Ok, so just go by what your carseat says. They've already done the math for you. You don't need to worry about it beyond what your carseat says is the limit.

What seat do you have? And you're putting it on a side?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 50", 70#, Nuna Aaces, Safety 1st Incognito
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic