Question Save me from myself - which booster?

JKC

So I am in the market for a couple of boosters. My sons are 8 years old (52" tall and 53lbs) and 6 years old (48" tall and 41lbs). My older son has been using a graco affix, which I need to pass on to my mother in law (she already has a graco turbobooster with safety surround). My younger son would like to booster train this summer, and I feel he is ready to do so. I kept my older son harnessed longer, but he was much more squirmy and not able to sit still properly.

Anyway, I am stressing over the choices. I drive a 2013 Honda Odyssey, so I need something that will fit well in the second or third row if I needed to move it. I would like it to latch. I've looked at so many boosters and some that now don't seem to be available (I liked the turbobooster xl with safety surround because it latched and seemed like good side impact protection). I have a Britax pioneer, but I hate it - the belt path constantly gets caught and I have to help them fix it. I assumed I might feel the same way about their other models. How is the Parkway SGL?

I've been thinking of just going with an affix OR I found somewhere that is still selling Montereys. Would a Monterey fit well in the Odyssey? I am partial to Diono and had used them with my kids since they were super little. The one R120 that I have left is just about expired though and the one with a year left I gave to a friend in need of a five point harness. I like that they seem sturdy - not sure how the Monterey compares to the Cambria and the other diono booster didn't have latch.

Any opinions would be great.

Last edited:
ADS

JKC

Is the Britax high point replacing the parkway sgl or just another booster option. I guess add that to the list, but I don't really want to spend 150 if i can avoid it. Plus it seems like if I am going to get something larger like the highpoint, I might as well pay less and get the cambria?

MelodyoftheForest

I don't know about fit to vehicle, but I was just looking at boosters for my niece yesterday. The Highpoint is Replacing the Parkway. There is also the Essentials by Britax Skyline that is basically the same without the side impact pods or SafeGuad clip and with an MSRP of $100. The Britax boosters to not require head support from the vehicle and are high-back only. The Diono boosters require vehicle head support in both high-back and backless modes, so they have to be able to work with the vehicle head restraints.

JKC

oh I didn't pay attention to the fact that Britax cant be used without the back as a traditional booster. That kinda stinks I think because I don't want to buy something again in a couple of years. The Radians with head wings fit well in my odyssey but i don't know if the cambria will...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC