Spica seat Canada

WaterlooWools

My 3 year old is scheduled to be in a spica for 6 weeks later this year. We are in Canada, his surgery will be in Hamilton, ON. (We live in Waterloo, so we have to transport him home in the car and need to know we can do so safely!)

The hospital's information suggests that we bring in our current seat (Marathon) and they will try to mold the cast to fit it, but they cannot guarantee that. I'm trying to get more information from them about whether they can assist with a rental if we need it, but haven't had any luck so far, so I wanted to seek advice here in the meantime.

I have seen the links to the Wallenberg, but it isn't clear to me from their website whether it is available/legal in Canada. Does anyone know?

I also see that Maxi-Cosi has the Opal HD and that in some locations they run rental programs for it. I've contacted them and am waiting for an answer about whether that would be possible here.

Is anyone aware of any other options or are there other resources I could also be looking into? Has anyone had experience with a spica in a Britax Marathon? I feel like I should plan for another option in case that doesn't work, despite the hospital's advice to just do that. I'd rather not be scrambling at the last minute (and therefore probably spending more $ than if I had planned ahead).

ADS

WaterlooWools

As an update to this, Maxi-Cosi did reply and said that the Opal HD is only available in Europe. (Someone on their Facebook page is giving out bad information, I guess, as they have replied to many people there suggesting that American & Canadian parents can participate in their rental program.)

I have a phone number for a retailer in Toronto that carries the EZ-On vest so we can pursue that option, but I would strongly prefer to use an actual seat rather than just a harness/vest. It just doesn't appear that there are any spica seats currently available/legal in Canada.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC