Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Max installation question

Hi. I'm new here and happy to have found this place.

I'm having the toughest time installing a Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Max with the seat belt and, quite frankly, the issue is also present with the LATCH belts.

My issue is that, no matter now tight I can get the seat down, the amount of lateral torsion on the seat is disturbing to the point where I'm not using the car seat.

On my Nuna Rava seat, the door that clamps down on the seatbelt really does a good job at maintaining the seat with minimum slack. With the Pria 85, since there is no clamping door, the seat moves all over the place.

I have followed the instructions, watched videos, and I still cannot get this right.

Has anyone had issues with the Pria seat and have you been able to solve it?

The seatbelt "guides" on the side of the seat seem to lock the seatbelt pretty well, so tightening further once the belt passes through them is nearly impossible.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Max installation question

Hi there.

You're checking for movement only at the belt path, yes? With the recline line parallel to the ground?

Did you lock the belt?

Did you pull the cover aside and pull the seatbelt up by the buckle, maybe in the belt path? That helps with leverage so you can get it tight at the belt path.

This is not an easy seat to install, but we can definitely help you through it.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon

Re: Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Max installation question

Quote Originally Posted by wendytthomas View Post
    Hi there.

You're checking for movement only at the belt path, yes? With the recline line parallel to the ground?

Did you lock the belt?

Did you pull the cover aside and pull the seatbelt up by the buckle, maybe in the belt path? That helps with leverage so you can get it tight at the belt path.

This is not an easy seat to install, but we can definitely help you through it.

Wendy
    Thanks, Wendy. I will give it another go this weekend when I have some time. For now, I keep switching the Rava from car to car and every time I can install that seat in under 2 minutes. Sure, I'm used to it already, but the system that it has works. I wish Maxi Cosi would do something similar.