Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

2016 Ford Focus st

I need recommendations for a convertible seat that has a no retread harness. It’ll be used for a 17 lbs 9 month old and a 27 lb 18 month old and a 28lb 2 1/2 year old, all rearfacing.

Not looking to spend a lot of money as it’s a back up seat. We generally use extend 2 fits in our truck. I’m needing something for occasional use when I have a baby with me.
    Nick Daddy to 5
    Krysty - 22 Lee - 19 Rian - 12 Kavin - 11 Zavyir - 9
    Loving on Gianna - 4 and Zacarri - 3 weeks
    Frontier 85 and MyRide65

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: 2016 Ford Focus st

I recently saw some Graco Contenders for $75 at Babies R Us, and they are probably less now. There were lots of Graco convertibles at our local store at clearance prices. One of them should fit your needs quite well!
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and Boulevard G4
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

Will they fit rearfacing in my car?
    Nick Daddy to 5
    Frontier 85 and MyRide65

Carseat Crazy

If you are the only adult in the car, you should be able to install just about anything behind the passenger seat. You can check this out for a comparison of compactness too.
    https://carseatblog.com/22818/the-ul...-size-matters/
    -Reta
    Former CPST

I often wouldn’t be driving alone. My wife would be with.

Right now we have 3 rear facing and 1 forward facing in our Navigator. We’d like something for the car so that we can save on gas if we only have 1 baby along with us.
    Nick Daddy to 5
    Frontier 85 and MyRide65

Carseat Crazy

Gotcha. I think some of the Graco seats are pretty compact front-to-back, especially when you have RF kids who don't need the deep recline, which sounds like the case in your situation. I had a Chicco Nextfit, and found that to be pretty compact in the Chevy HHR I used to have. I have used a Graco 4Ever RF in my Corolla, and it was pretty compact at its most upright recline allowed. My 6'2" mother and her 36" inseam in the driver's seat would have hit it, but there was plenty of space between it and the passenger seat when it was adjusted for my 5'7".
    -Reta
    Former CPST