Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Canada Diono Radian incompatibility?

My 7 month old daughter has been using her Diono R100 carseat rearfacing for about a month now and a friend of mine recently saw on a facebook carseat group that Diono isn't compatible with numerous vehicles once it is forward facing. We have the seat set up in our Mazda 6, which my friend said is one of the cars that are incompatible with Diono when forward facing. Can anyone confirm this for me? We plan to buy a new vehicle in the next year or so and I would like to know which SUVs/vans work well with Diono.

On a sidenote, for liability reasons shouldn't the carseat companies be responsible for providing a continuously updated list of vehicles that are compatible/incompatible?!!!

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Re: Diono Radian incompatibility?

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I'd be interested to know what the problem might be.

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Diono Radian incompatibility?

Diono seats frequently range from difficult to impossible to install in many seating positions due to an interaction of the low belt path, awkward base design, and modern vehicles' contours and belt geometry. The increase in fixed forward-leaning head restraints hasn't helped.

The seat was designed back when more vehicles had flatter seats, no protruding head restraints, and often even lap-only belts center. It hasn't been significantly revised since.

There are now many alternatives which are often much easier to install. If you need help in a particular vehicle or your own seat recommendations I'd encourage starting a new thread for more attention to the question.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 14, Bridget, 12, Maggie, 10, Katie Sue, 6
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!