Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Booster recommendation needed for 2017 Honda CR-V

I am looking for a high back booster recommendation. My daughter is 8 years old, 53" and 60lbs. Her torso height is about 19". She currently is using a Britax Frontier in our main vehicle, but we're looking for a booster to put in our 2017 Honda CR-V. It doesn't currently have any child seats installed, and we don't plan to do 3-across. I'm looking for something that will last a while, or that can be converted to a backless booster later on, but cost is not a factor. I would also prefer lower anchors for when she is not occupying the seat, but it's not a deal breaker. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Booster recommendation needed for 2017 Honda CR-V

I'd look at the Graco Turbobooster LX (shortest of this list, with 20" top belt guide height), Britax Parkway, Diono Monterey/Cambria, Evenflo Spectrum (no lower anchors).

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100.6#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 50", 70#, Nuna Aaces
    in a 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser and my 2017 Volvo XC90

It appears as though the Parkway has been retired. However, Britax now has a new booster, the Highpoint. Do Britax boosters generally require the car headrest to be installed behind the booster for support, and be up to the child's ear tops, or are they able to be used even when the child's ears are above the car headrest? I am concerned that the car headrest may interfere with the booster headrest.

Nevermind, I just answered my own question. The Britax website has all of the manuals. Very convenient! I think I am going to try the Highpoint. Thank you for your help!