Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Best used fuel ecomomy family car with 3 kids

Hello!

We are looking for a second vehicle for our family of 5. Looking to save some money on gas. Would love something with great highway mileage as My return trip to work is about 80 km.
    Kids are currently:
    10 yo, 64 lbs, 50” - in Diono backless booster
    7.5 yo, 60 lbs, 48” - Graco Highback Booster (Turbobooster?)
    4.5 yo, 42 lbs, Diono Radian RXT FF

We were hoping we could somehow manage in a small car - Focus, Civic or Impreza but that’s NOT going to happen. Lol
    We’ve tried. They are just too small.

This will be our second vehicle so will not travel long distances with all the kids but would like to be able to go to my parents and in laws an hour away comfortably.

Currently have my eye on 2013 Legacy, 2011 Forester, 2014 Fusion...... that are all in our budget.

Any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Best used fuel ecomomy family car with 3 kids

My DH drives a 2012 Subaru Outback and I've gotten a Frontier or Nautilus, a backless Parkway and an adult in the back seat of that car on a 3 hour road trip though it wasn't the most comfy for the adult in the back because all of the adults on the ride were on the large side. Currently I have a backless harmony youth booster, a RFing Extend2Fit or a RFing Scenera Next and an almost 14 year old boy in the back seat.