Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

CAR SEAT for 2015 Toyota Corolla S Model

Does anyone have recommendations on a convertible car seat that will fit FF into a 2015 Toyota Corolla S Model with the fixed and protruding head rests? Due to the center belt crossing over the outboard buckles, the center seat is not a viable option (plus it's impossible to get the seat secured to move less than an inch per recommendations in that seat). I've bought two seats (Safety 1st grow-and-go and Evenflo Symphony) and neither fit FF due to the Toyota's head rest. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: CAR SEAT for 2015 Toyota Corolla S Model

I have a 2017 Corolla with those head restraints. I tried every combination seat there and a number of FF convertible seats. The only convertible I found that works is my Britax Boulevard G4. The two Essentials by Britax convertibles, Emblem and Allegiance, are the same design, so they should fit. Britax Pioneer/Frontier/Pinnacle are the only combination seats that fit.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and Boulevard G4
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

CPS Fanatic

I haven’t tried that particular position, but an Evenflo Sureride often works in those kinds of seating positions. It doesn’t have a moving headrest, and the shell tends to fit under the protruding headrest.

Carseat Crazy

I think the Maestro fit like that, come to think of it. I think the SureRide hit the headrest and had a gap, but I am not sure. Someone is borrowing mine at the moment, so I can’t double check.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and Boulevard G4
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag