Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

1998 Dodge Ram car seat

I'm hoping that someone can help me with info on how to install a forward facing car seat in a 1998 dodge ram pickup. It has the long bench seat. I've scoured the internet for any instructions and the manual but cant seem to find anything. Can anyone help?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: 1998 Dodge Ram car seat

Hi, what are you having trouble with? Do you need to know about your belts or how they fit?
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 14, Bridget, 12, Maggie, 10, Katie Sue, 5
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Re: 1998 Dodge Ram car seat

Hi! I have the same truck. What type of cab does yours has? Just so you know, there are no tethers. I had 2 installed by dodge for free. The seat belts lock at the latch plate, so easy. I will check back later, at work right now!
    Let us know what seat you have, not all will work!