New seat? 4 1/2 year old

My younger daughter is 4 1/2 years old, >97% for height and I just weighed her last week, she is 49.2 pounds in night gown and no shoes. She has been riding RF in Graco Extend2Fits in my 2018 Pilot and husbands 2018 CRV.

I moved her forward facing when I saw her weight was so close to the limit. She had already outgrown the E2Fs forward facing. Also outgrown was a Britax Boulevard (G4.1?). She has a half cm from the line guide on the Boulevard Clicktight in my car (which works well for now), and an equal amount of room from the strap (set at highest setting). There is less room than that in my husband’s car, in a Nextfit... maybe a quarter cm.

I haven’t used forward facing seats before. My older daughter went directly from E2Fs Rear facing into Kiddy Cruiser 3 boosters at 5 (she is 6 now). I have no idea how long this amount of room typically lasts, growth wise. We are all quite tall, so I don’t expect her growth to slow down.

Will these seats last until she is 5? If not, would it be reasonable to get one combo seat (is the Frontier the longest lasting?), that we use for longer trips, but start booster training her in my car for normal days?

I have been really diligent about car seat safety, replacing seats multiple times as higher weight limit seats came out for rear facing. I want to keep her safe, but don’t want to spend another $400+ on car seats unnecessarily. She already has a Kiddy Cruiser waiting for her 5th birthday.

Last edited:
ADS

flutie128

You could also look at the Chicco MyFit is only goes up to 65 pounds but the top slot is only slightly lower than the Frontier or Pioneer. Based on what I found on the blog site if she still has growing room in the Clicktight Boulevard she should still be able to forward face in the E2F since they have the same height top slots.

Based on what I found on the blog site if she still has growing room in the Clicktight Boulevard she should still be able to forward face in the E2F since they have the same height top slots.

The E2F was definitely outgrown forward facing for her: straps were below her shoulder height in highest position. In use, in my car, it seems to be shorter than the CT. Boulevard.

Any idea how much longer time-wise that would mean for the KidFit?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC