Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Car Seat Placememt

Is there a website that I can type in my vehicle make and model and type of car seats to see where I can place them in my vehicle. I want to know if it’s safe to have them next to each other.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Durango

I have a 2017 Dodge Durango with a 60/40 bench seat in the middle. I have two graco slim fit car seats (one facing forward and one backwards). Is is safe to have them both on the bench seat next to each other on the 60% side?

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Car Seat Placememt

We can help. They can touch, but not overlap. We can also tell you how you can install them. Just please, let us know what seats you have, if they're rear or forward facing (if it's not obvious), what car you have, and how old everyone is?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon

Re: Durango

As long as they're installed independently of each other, and are not overlapping, they should be just fine.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to

Re: Durango

I merged your threads so you could get help all together.

Is your forward facing SlimFit tethered? Did you install both with the seatbelt, or one with the lower anchors?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to