Question car seat rating guide

orangetree

Hallo, I'm 32 year old and new to this forum. I would love to know if there is a current car seat rating guide that can help me. I have an almost 3 year old girl (34 lbs 39 inches) and a 1 year old boy (21 lbs and 32 inches). We currently have peg perego seats (Baby is still in an infant seat - now it's time to change). I think about to put baby in the peg perego primo and buy something different for the 3 year old or buy the same for him. Thoughts on safe options? The size and heaviness not a problem.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

There are no ratings. All seats pass the same safety tests.

Is your daughter forward facing? If so, I'd probably pass down her convertible to him and buy her a combination seat. That way you are spending your money more efficiently. A combination seat is a forward facing harness to booster seat. No need to buy another convertible seat when you've got one not being used rear facing. :)

You could look at the Graco Tranzitions/Wayz, Evenflo Maestro, Harmony Defender, Evenflo Evolve, Chicco MyFit, Graco Nautilus, Britax Pinnacle, Britax Pioneer, and Britax Frontier.

Wendy

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Welcome!

If your 3-year old is already forward-facing, or you are ready to switch, you could definitely transition to a combination harness/booster seat such as the Britax Frontier or Graco Nautilus. You could then use your Peg Perego convertible rear-facing for your 1-year old like Wendy said.

While there is no comprehensive way to compare safety from one product to another, there certainly are differences among carseats. We do have a list of some recommendations here, with our Editors' Picks at the bottom:

https://carseatblog.com/safest-recommended-car-seats/

Last edited:

orangetree

Dear community,
thank you for your answers. Both kids are rear facing but I think about to change my daughters seat position. The preference is to follow your advice to buy another seat like Nautilus or Frontier. You are right - my daughter can use it for a long time. I will look for some more information and then I decide.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC