Question Safety 1st Store N Go Question (plus minor bonus questions) :)

4BabyUnit

Help! I just ordered a Safety 1st Store N Go for my below average size 1st grade son (don't know his weight but he's average to slightly above average height and definitely below average weight). I planned to use this in high back mode in the 2nd row of my toyota sienna. He fits well in it booster itself with the back set to just above the lowest height, but I'm thinking there's no way to make this work in my car because of the head rests. Don't they HAVE to be in place for this seat? Well, when I put the headrest back (had it taken out for the Graco Nautilus he was using with the harness), there's no WAY to get the back of the booster flush with the back of my car's seat because the headrest sticks out too far! This is crazy. So do I have to return this thing? I read so many reviews for this seat and never saw anyone mention this issue, yet I know there are a gazillion Toyota Sienna's out there. Even with the back of the booster on its lowest setting, I'm thinking it wouldn't fit, so how is ANYone using it in a Sienna? Thank you for any help!! I really appreciate it, and if I really can't use this seat, I'd love recommendations for a high back booster in the same price range ($35-$50) that would work in a Sienna. Can't believe I may have to return this thing. :( So bummed. He was so excited about ditching the harness and also of course about the storage in that seat.

Additional Questions:
1. I was a member on here for years, but all forums except this one seem to be closed for posting. Can I not post to the Car Seat Chat forum?

2. My son's Graco Nautilus was manufactured in 2010. It is noted on the seat but the actual expiration date is NOT noted. I know the newer ones don't expire for 10 years, but what about one that was manufactured in 2010? I've seen things online that make me think it possibly expired in 2016 (uhh...oops!) and then I've also seen some things that suggest 9 years (which would mean I could use it highback booster mode in our other car) for another year or so until he may be ready for a backless booster.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ANY HELP!

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Additional Questions:
1. I was a member on here for years, but all forums except this one seem to be closed for posting. Can I not post to the Car Seat Chat forum?
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ANY HELP!

Hello, I just checked your account and it appears to be setup normally with posting access to all public forums and the Community Member Chat forum. It could be an issue with your cookies or cache, and if so, clearing them and logging in again may resolve it. I have not had any similar reports, but if anyone else is having the same issue please comment.

4BabyUnit

Hello, I just checked your account and it appears to be setup normally with posting access to all public forums and the Community Member Chat forum. It could be an issue with your cookies or cache, and if so, clearing them and logging in again may resolve it. I have not had any similar reports, but if anyone else is having the same issue please comment.

That helped. Thank you!

Dillipop

Safety 1st Store N Go Question (plus minor bonus questions) 😊

The harness and back of the nautilus had a 6 year life span and the bottom backless booster could be used for 9. I’m no sure when that changed. But if yours falls under that, you won’t be able to use the seat as a highback for another year but you can use it backless.

Graco normally has a Do Not Use After stamped into the plastic on most of their seats. Possibly on both the back and bottom of the nautilus because the parts expire at different times.

4BabyUnit

Re: Safety 1st Store N Go Question (plus minor bonus questions) 😊

I did not see that on either the back or the bottom, only the manufacture date. Thanks for the info though.

Dillipop

Re: Safety 1st Store N Go Question (plus minor bonus questions) 😊

https://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?257568-Graco-Nautilus-expiration

Here's an old thread about Graco Nautilus expiration from around the time of the change. Looks like seats manufactured prior to summer 2011 have a DO NOT USE AFTER stamped on the bottom of the seat. Yours should have it somewhere on the bottom of the seat. Based on the 2010 manufacture date, it will likely say not to use the harness/back after 2016 and the bottom part after 2019. It will be part of the actual plastic, not a sticker.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC