Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Canada 2 carseats, next to each other in a 2005 Honda CRV

Hi,
    I have a 2005 Honda CRV.
    I need to be able to fit two carseats side by side. As an adult needs to sit in the back as well.

I already have a Britax Boulvard Cilcktight.

I would love another Britax, but don't know if that will work or note.

I have 2 kids.

2 1/2 year old - 30 lbs and 36 inches (approx)
    1 year old - 20 lbs and 28 inches (approx)

Any suggestions on which car seats and configurations may work?

Right now both are rear facing.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: 2 carseats, next to each other in a 2005 Honda CRV

The Clicktight would probably be best center, just because that seat is so hard to install in- the Clicktight even took me some doing. I'd put something very slim outboard next to it. What's your budget?
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

I don't want to spend too much, so I would rather spend on the lower end, but at the same time I would like to get the best seat, so I am willing to pay between 4-5 hundred if necessary.
    Im not sure which seats would fit.

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

I don't have personal experience of that configuration but I know you'll need slim to make it work. On the low end I'd look at the Cosco Scenera Next. In the high end there's the Clek seats. I wouldn't recommend Diono seats in this instance as I found them just about impossible to properly install in the CR-V- it was possible in the end but it took so much work I don't consider it a practical option.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!