Question 5 kids 2012 Honda Odyssey car seat configuration

Kgreen

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations on best seat placement. After number 5 is born, we will have
Two 9 year olds
A 6 year old in a booster
A 4 year old in a FF Britax frontier
A newborn in a Britax B safe 35

What would allow decent access to get to third row and easiest set up for me to get 4yo and infant in/out?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
What boosters do your nine year olds use?

I'd probably put three boosters across the back row, then the four year old in the second row driver's side, the baby in the second row middle (if the seat fits without side overhang, and not too much front overhang), then you can tumble the second row passenger side, or remove it, for easy third row access.

Wendy

Kgreen

Thanks, that's what I had been thinking I'd do. but i though about posting here after I saw another mom in carline who had removed the the driver side captain seat in second row, had newborn in second row middle and preschooler in driver side position in third row. She would lean into the empty space to work with both newborn and toddler. Seeing that configuration made me wonder what would be the best option. Our frontier in the third row would make the middle third row seat too narrow, so I'm guessing that configuration would require changing the frontier out for a more narrow car seat. Probably not worth the cost, but not looking forward to leaning over the frontier to get newborn carrier in and out. Thanks for your advice! The twins use backless boosters, Costco brand, not sure what model.

2BunniesMommy

I'd go with Wendy's idea above, as long as the newborn's seat fits in that middle spot in the middle row.

4 year old in the frontier in harnessed mode next to the newborn, seat on the other side of the newborn in the middle row out of the way to allow easy access to the 3rd row. In the 3rd row, have both 9 year olds and the 6 year old in boosters.

No need to learn over the newborn to help the 4 year old, the 4 year old would be right be the door. No need to learn over the 4 year old to get to the newborn because you can go around to the other side, where the seat is somehow out of the way to allow access to the back, that should also give you easy access to the new baby.

Unless I missed something, I don't see any need for a new seat for anyone, with the info I have.

I should be in bed, but it made sense when I started typing, so I hope it still makes sense. Hope even more that it is helpful.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC