Travel configuration 2010 Odyssey and tall booster

MelodyoftheForest

Hi all,
We will be traveling to visit my DH's brother and his family. They have a 2010 8-passenger Odyssey EX-L and I am trying to plan ahead with how we can fit 4 adults and 3 kids in there. They generally have their girls in the 2nd row captain's chairs and leave the 8th seat installed between them. I think removing it would be the best choice for us, but I figured I'd ask if anyone had any novel ideas.

Currently they have an Advocate (CS 70 I think) FF on the passenger side and a Pinnacle (I believe installed with LATCH) being used in booster mode on the driver side. We plan to bring a SureRide to use FF. DH and I are both slim adults, neither tall nor short. Where is there a tether anchor in the 3rd row? By the time we travel, the Pinnacle may be passed down and being used in harness mode with the oldest in a dedicated booster. The booster rider has a backless she uses here and there, if that makes configuration easier.

The Advocate is expiring this year, and I would love some booster ideas I can pass along to the family for their oldest. They are very safety-conscious and like seats with lots of features. They have had a Chaperone along with the Advocate and Pinnacle. I think they would like a booster that can use LATCH. Their booster rider is also super tall and proportionally heavy (neither slim nor heavy for her frame). She will be 7 in a week, and probably at least the size of an average 10-year-old girl. I will not be remotely surprised if she is over 6' as an adult. I don't think she has an unusually long torso or really long legs. They will scrape money together if they think one seat is the best, but spending less would be better for them.

Thanks for reading my scattered thoughts. I have brain fog.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The 2010 has tether anchors in all 3 third row seats.

The new Highpoint might be a good fit though I don't think it goes backless. The peg Perego Flex 120 (if they've cleared up that weird ear thing they said they were going to clarify.) Those are probably the tallest current options with LATCH for a not-skinny kid? I think? It's late here, I'm brain fogged too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC