Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Recs for a box for luggage rack?

I am in need of a storage box for the luggage rack of my Yukon. Any recommendations?

Also, I have a hitch carrier and need a box/bag for it.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

Re: Recs for a box for luggage rack?

You're looking for something like this? https://www.rei.com/product/876512/y...cargo-roof-box

That's the one we have and have had for about 10-12 years. It has been replaced once due to minor cracking (lifetime warranty so we only had to pay freight shipping for the new one). It's pretty easy to install and not to hard to fill. We use it on multiple vehicles, our truck topper has a rack and we've had it on 2 SUV's. I need to stand on the tire to reach but it works.

If that's not what you're looking for what kind of rack do you have that you need something for? My sister has used the soft sided cargo bag on top of the vehicle that strap to the cross bars. More like this (no idea the brand she has) https://www.rei.com/product/677675/s...go-15-roof-bag

I guess what you're putting in it might make a difference on suggestions also. We use our Yakima for camping supplies, we can fit our tent, sleeping bags, pads and pillows for our family of 4 up there.
    Ann

DD - 1/06 - 5-stepping
    DS - 12/07 - Incognito, Recaro Performance Booster & Harmony Literiders
    And a Bubble Bum for backup/travel