Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

HB Booster for 2014 Highlander 3rd Row

I am trying to figure out how best to fit my 3 kiddos (6.5 yo, 3.5yo (still RF) and 3 month old) in a 2014 Toyota Highlander with second row captains chairs. Original plan was to move 6.5yo’s Britax Frontier to 3rd row but it is comically large and leaves no leg room.

Given that this is secondary car, I’m thinking it might make sense to begin booster training the 6.5yo in this car.

QUESTION: Does anyone have experience successfully installing a high back booster back there? Or, if no direct experience with this car, can you recommend boosters I should try?

The third row is somewhat tight and the seat strikes me as somewhat shallow (though I haven’t measured)

6.5yo is 47lbs and about 47” tall.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member 2BunniesMommy's Avatar

Re: HB Booster for 2014 Highlander 3rd Row

My mother in law has a 2010 Highlander. I am not sure if there was a body style change between those years or not, but we have easily used a high back Graco Turbobooster in her 3rd row. Even if they are somewhat different, it is worth a try. No other ideas, because that and the no back literider are the only boosters we've used in her car.