FF seat with harness stow for booster mode. Lightweight

Lesajo

Looking for versatile easy to use FF seat to use when grandchildren outgrow Coccoro RF, which is what has just happened. Want to take advantage of BRU closing sale. Seat is only used for visits a few times a year. Needs to be lightweight for me to carry from upstairs. Thought getting one with stowable straps for booster made a lot of sense. I like the weight of the Graco Transitions, but hate to pull out straps... GD is just 2, but I plan on many future grandchildren:)

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Ah, you were doing great until you said lightweight. ;) The Tranzitions is hit or miss with installations, but you have to remove the harness for booster mode. The Graco Atlas does have on-board harness storage, though. It's mostly the all-in-one seats right now that have that feature and they tend to be pretty heavy. The advantage to those seats is that you can use them rear-facing for those future grandchildren! The Graco 4Ever and 4Ever Extend-2-Fit platforms, as well as the Safety 1st Grow and Go have on-board harness storage.

Lesajo

I'm even toying with getting the Tranzitions because it may work now, and then get backless booster in a few years... I think I'd get from Walmart or something being I couldn't return a seat from BRU... BTW, I recognized your name - our fourth and last was born in 2001. I think I may have joined under another name then, but not sure. Maybe I'm just thinking of the tech group I joined in 2008ish... Loved it at the time, when I was in a good position to be an advocate...

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
:) BRU is good if you get a true bargain.

I recognized your screen name too! I've been around since the beginning, lol. We just keep on going around here :D.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC