2013 Ford Explorer need to FF and RR

Swimtempe

I have been trying to read through previous posts but am having trouble finding one with exactly my situation. We have a 2013 explorer with middle bench seat and inflatable seat belts- yeah, I seriously hate this car. It was great pre-kids but is such a nightmare now, plus the eco-boost engine drives like crap! But we are not in a position to replace so... I have an almost 4 yr old in a Diono Radian FF and a 1 yr old in a Graco click-connect. I need to purchase a new seat for baby and want him RF. But I am having a terrible time figuring out what will work. Even his infant seat gives the passenger very little room and has to be super upright! We need to gain some space on passenger side. We had the Radian in the middle at one point when RF but I really don't want another Radian- while I believe its very safe it is not very comfortable. Anyone have seats that work great for not having to compromise space of front row?? My husband and I are both tall and this is our "family' vehicle for trips. Not planning a 3rd (if we have an oops we are getting a mini van! lol!) I am totally up for replacing the Radian too! THANKS!!!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

How tall and heavy are the kids?

It might make more sense to get a new seat for the older child that will last longer, especially if your kids are tall. It could keep you from having to buy another harnessed seat in the future, but it would mean passing the Radian down to the baby.

Swimtempe

Thanks for the idea! The almost 4 yo is 37lbs and 38”. 1 yo is 23lbs and 29”. I don’t really want to use the radian for the youngest- it seems to take up a ton of space when RF, even w the angle adjuster. So I guess I’m looking for a RF seat that takes up least amount of space to the seats in front. But I also need some help w configuration bc of the bench seat and the inflatable seat belts :-(

Swimtempe

Sorry for the delay- I thought I had responded but I see it didn't post. the almost 4 yr old is 37" and 38 lbs. The 1 yr old is about 22lbs and 29". I was hoping someone on here had a solution with the Ford. I wish we were in a position to get a new car bc I hate this car! I don't think (but am not 100% sure) we can put the radian RF in the middle spot with my a FF next to it behind the driver? I don't remember why, something to do with the latches not being accessible or something, but I think we couldn't put the babys car seat in the middle like I wanted. There is just NO room if you put anything behind the passenger seat! Maybe there are some good RF seats that take up minimal room? The Radian, even with the angle adjuster, still does not give enough room for someone to sit in passenger seat comfortably. Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC