Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Graco sung ride

Carseat Crazy

Graco sung ride

I have a Graco Snug Ride and I am trying to find out how close to the top of the shell a childs head can be. I have read the manual and can't find it at all. All I find is the child must be under 29 inches. Please how close can a childs head be to the top of the shell. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Re: Graco sung ride

The baby has to have ONE INCH of hard shell above his/her head.

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

The Snug Ride would be outgrown by height if there is less than 1 inch of shell above the top of the child's head.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Carseat Crazy

Okay how does this look to you?

This is my son who is 2 months old and weighs about 13 lbs.

Carseat Crazy

There also is not much to compress fabric wise on the top edge. It might be just a smidge. Also he is not wearing his fleece suit thing. It is only one thin layer of fleece. Please tell me I still have sometime in this seat. I really can't afford my daughters new seat yet but will if I have to.

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Aww, what a cutie. It's a little hard to judge with his hair, but it looks like he has another inch of torso growing room left before the top of his head would be less than an inch from the top of the shell.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

It appears that you have a little bit of time. You don't have much time, but you have a bit. It appears that he has approximately an inch of torso growth left.

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Carseat Crazy

Okay a little time then. Not much cause he has already grown over an inch in height since he was born and it seems most of that was torso so far. I hope we can make it at least til December so here is to hopeing. I guess I need to measure him and see how long he is.

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

You're planning a Regent for her, right? What about buying a Scenera for him until you've saved up enough for her new one? That will last you until the rumored spring sale.

Or, if you really can swing it sooner, Amazon is supposedly having 30% off some Britax seats on the day after Thanksgiving.