My son wants to see out the window! Thickest booster?

meredithk

I know that this is going to sound strange, but I'm wondering if anyone knows which of the boosters might boost kids the highest. My son is 8 years old, 50 pounds and pretty dang short. We drive quite a bit and he loves to be able to look out the windows. It was fine in my Odyssey, but we recently sold that and are in the market for a new car. But, the beltlines in so many new cars are high, my son can't see out. We have quite a few boosters but they are all about the same as far as height.

So, before we either tell him to grow more quickly, limit our search to cars with bigger windows/higher seats, I thought, hmmm...maybe he could gain a little more height with a different booster?!

We have a Graco Affix, a Chico Go Fit, and a bumble bum (for travel).

Any help would be so appreciated!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

I don't know about the booster that wold boost him the highest, but I have another though. Would he be able to sit in the center of whatever vehicle you buy so he can see out the front?

U

Unregistered

I have the same question! The windows in our new car are higher up than the old one so my 7 year old's head barely peeks out over the window, while my almost 5 year old's eyes are just below the window in her current HBB. Would love any recommendations for thickest / tallest boosters to give the kids a better view.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC