Question Help deciding between Britax Frontier and Pinnacle

U

Unregistered

Hello! I was just in a car crash and the insurance say they will replace my carseat (a Britax Boulevard). My youngest one is now 5 and so it has been ages since I shopped for a carseat (other kids are 14, 10 and 10!) and I am feeling overwhelmed by the alternatives. My 5 yo has had the Britax boulevard since he was a baby. The seat will most likely go in the 2nd row of a 2018 Honda Odyssey. I would like him to stay in a harness for now; he is wiggly and often falls asleep in the car. He is just over 41" tall, weighs 42.5 lbs and his seated shoulder height is just shy of 14 inches.
Should I get another Boulevard? I am thinking better to get a Pinnacle or Frontier that will "get more mileage". Money is probably not an issue as the insurance said they will pay for any reasonable replacement of the Boulevard. Any other models I should consider?

Thanks so much!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

Do you need new boosters for your 10 year olds, or do they pass the five step test?

A combination seat makes more sense for your five year old so you're not buying a new seat in a year. The Frontier and Pinnacle are options, but there are certainly others. The Pinnacle is a Frontier with side impact cushions. That's the one and only difference.

At his age and size you could look at the Evenflo Maestro, Graco Tranzitions/Wayz, Harmony Defender, Evenflo Evolve, Graco Nautilus, Chicco MyFit, Britax Pioneer, as well as the Frontier and Pinnacle you've already mentioned.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC