3 Across 2017 CRV

U

Unregistered

I'm looking for a convertible seat for my parents to share, and it needs to work in a 3 across in a 2017 CRV. (The other vehicle is a 2011 Sienna, so no space concerns with that one) I need recommendations for the convertible and two boosters.

Kids:

Newborn/Baby - due in June (drivers side)
DS - 9yo, 75lbs, 52" (middle)
DD - 7yo, 65lbs, 50" (pass side)

Currently thinking about High-back Amp/Big Kid Sport for DD and backless booster (BubbleBum? Amp?) for DS... but open to all suggestions!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I would suggest a Bubblebum for the 7 year old and incognito for the 9 year old (though you might have to switch them.) it's going to be a really tight fit. If you must have a high back I'd go with a Turbobooster and a Bubblebum next to it. An amp and Big Kid will definitely not fit.

A Scenera Next is probably the best bet to fit the baby and be narrow enough to fit a person next to it even in a very small booster.

You might need to put the baby passenger side instead of driver both because of the space front to back and because of the way the seatbelt buckles are placed.

U

Unregistered

Thank you for the response...

I'm not sure the bubblebum will work for my 7yo, too much freedom probably. But the suggestion of turbo and bubblebum is definitely doable.

I have read a lot about the issues with the seatbelts overlapping in the drivers and center seats, so I thought installing the Scenera with latch on the drivers side may work best for that problem. Plus, my mom sometimes picks the big kids up from school, and they need to get in on the passenger side.

I think my parents are still discussing whether or not (or how often) my mom would honestly need to fit all 3 kids in the car. If they determine that she won't need to transport all 3 (or could take mine or dad's car if needed), they are looking at the Size4Me 65 for the baby.

On another note - Is there anyway to make the headrests of the Sienna compatible with a Monterey booster? The captains chair headrest tends to stick out a little too far for it to sit properly, but I know it requires a headrest. Can the headrest be flipped? If not, we'll keep the current affix in their and put the Monterey in the 3rd row (where headrests are straight).

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Unfortunately, the LATCH/seatbelt overlap is even worse than the seatbelt overlap. Your best bet to fit is all seatbelts.

You can't safely flip headrests in the Sienna- they won't be secure.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC