Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

RF'ing Celeb baby..

According to wikipedia Geri Halliwell (aka Ginger Spice of the Spice girls) had a baby may 2006...and in this video she is in LA in late October 2007, buckling her baby into a RF seat. But, it looks like a European seat, and mom is unrestrained as they drive away. Still, better than most celebs out there!
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: RF'ing Celeb baby..

Awesome!
    DD1 12 Seatbelt
    DS 10 Seatbelt
    DD2 8months Keyfit

Thats a Maxi Cosi Cabrio! I have the same seat (different color) Its RF to 12-15 months or 13kilos. Its a pretty tall infant seat. I'll post pics of my baby in one when ever he shows up!

BethAnn

Canadian CPST, Mommy to ,
    E 12 5 Steps!
    N 7 Monteray, Prkway & Clek

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Senior Community Member

It would suck to have people follow you around like that! I could barely make it to the good part. Does it matter that her head is so close to the top of the shell?
    DD - 7yrs

Yeah i had a hard time making it to the car seat part too! I wondered the same thing about the proximity of the baby's head to the top of the shell, but maybe Maxi-Cosi is like Britax and allows their head to be to (or past) the top of the shell?
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

I'm kinda confused about the harness, it's like they have 2 straps that go up over the shoulders and then buckle (does that make sense?).

But hey glad to see she is carseat savi, she even looked like she was trying to fix it (like it hadn't been installed right).
    Steph
    Mom to R (5-steps),
    E and A (riding in Nuna Pipas)

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saa2006 View Post
    I'm kinda confused about the harness, it's like they have 2 straps that go up over the shoulders and then buckle (does that make sense?).

But hey glad to see she is carseat savi, she even looked like she was trying to fix it (like it hadn't been installed right).
    Most foreign seats don't have chest clips. Chest clips are almost an exclusive north american thing. They're only pre-crash positioners anyways, so that's why it's so important to make sure the harness is snug enough. The job of the chest clip is to keep the harness in the proper position until a crash, then it'll either slide down or break open. (Of course a properly tightened harness should stay in position anyways, hence why they're not required for safety, but consumers want them.)
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.