Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Santa Fe, Edge & Murano - What Do I Need to Know?

We're looking into a new vehicle (2018) as my primary car. I am considering the Hyundai Santa Fe, Ford Edge or Nissan Murano. I am leaning toward the Santa Fe because I like the option of the 3rd row with 2nd row captains chairs, plus I like that it's an IIHS Top Safety Pick + for 2018. I am open to other suggestions but I'm not a Mazda fan. The Rav-4 and CRVs seem to small to me and something like a Tahoe seems much too big.

I have a super tall 6 yo who rides harnessed in a Frontier and occasionally is boostered in the Parkway; then I have an average sized 4yo who rides FF in a 4Ever.

Any feedback on these vehicles would be appreciated. Any quirks as well specific to car seat install would also be much appreciated!
    Allie, Ford & Chevy driving Mom to
    DS (1.6.2012) riding in a Frontier
    DD (2.2.2014) riding in a 4Ever, MySize & Boulevard

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Santa Fe, Edge & Murano - What Do I Need to Know?

I have only really got experience with the Murano; I've worked in a Santa Fe but not enough to remember quirks. Other than climb in that 3rd row before deciding if you'd really use it.

The Murano middle seat can be problematic. If you ever want to carry 3 back there I wouldn't count on it. And you'd possibly have trouble with the FF 4Ever outboard due to contours (though you might not, I just remember noting That as possibly problematic with some seats.)

Definitely avoid the Rav4, it's super small inside (not to mention a 4-seater in practice.) The Cr-V has decent trunk space at least but isn't big.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 14, Bridget, 12, Maggie, 10, Katie Sue, 6
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!