Nordic crash test videos

ADS

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
:thumbsdown: WHOA!!! Those go from scary to TERRIFYING!!! It's almost like the carseats aren't even strapped in to the bench seat! Whoa!!

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Yea, they don't looke like they are fastened in at the bite of the seat, with seatbelt or LATCH (whatever its called in Europe).

Very scary!
Renee

scatterbunny

:eek: Uuuuummmm, please tell me those tests were done by a Consumer Reports-type of agency, and that they installed them incorrectly?

Mama!

It looked honestly like they were only attached by the RF tether!

(and can we just ignore the naked girl pics in the corner of the screen on the videos? LMAO)

Mama!

Why would they go to the trouble of videoing/crash testing a carseat with No install tho? It doesnt make sense!

LuvBug

Why would they go to the trouble of videoing/crash testing a carseat with No install tho? It doesnt make sense!

The same reason they crash test/video seats that are expired/crashed, passengers unrestrained, passengers restrained incorrectly, etc... to collect data on what happens in those types of crashes.

Mama!

The same reason they crash test/video seats that are expired/crashed, passengers unrestrained, passengers restrained incorrectly, etc... to collect data on what happens in those types of crashes.

:thumbsup: Good point!

canadianmom2three

I tried to run it through a swedish to english translater, but it came back very very funny, and difficult to make sense of...but from what I could gather, the test videos MAY have come from this consumer reports type agency attempting to test how parents may install the seats without aid of the manual. There seemed to be some discussion around parents moving seats from car to car, and that install would suffer because of that, and from not following the manual each time. There was a woman quoted as saying (as far as I can figure anyway) that when the seat is installed correctly it functions well, better than a booster seat for children of kindergarten age, but because of it being a harnessed seat, it is more difficult to install than a booster, leading to misuse. There also seemed to be some speculation about how well the seats would protect children even if they were misinstalled. So I kind of gather that the videos may possibly have been some sort of illustration of possible misuse when harnessed seats are improperly installed, or a test to see how misinstallation affects safety of the occupant. Of course, this is just my best guess based on a very sketchy translation;)

katiesmommy

It looked honestly like they were only attached by the RF tether!

(and can we just ignore the naked girl pics in the corner of the screen on the videos? LMAO)

Okay, I totally didn't notice that at all.

I tried to run it through a swedish to english translater, but it came back very very funny, and difficult to make sense of...but from what I could gather, the test videos MAY have come from this consumer reports type agency attempting to test how parents may install the seats without aid of the manual. There seemed to be some discussion around parents moving seats from car to car, and that install would suffer because of that, and from not following the manual each time. There was a woman quoted as saying (as far as I can figure anyway) that when the seat is installed correctly it functions well, better than a booster seat for children of kindergarten age, but because of it being a harnessed seat, it is more difficult to install than a booster, leading to misuse. There also seemed to be some speculation about how well the seats would protect children even if they were misinstalled. So I kind of gather that the videos may possibly have been some sort of illustration of possible misuse when harnessed seats are improperly installed, or a test to see how misinstallation affects safety of the occupant. Of course, this is just my best guess based on a very sketchy translation;)

:thumbsup: thanx, I tried running it through and couldn't make out a dang thing. Whatever translator I used didn't translate at all.

CRS

Senior Community Member
:eek: Uuuuummmm, please tell me those tests were done by a Consumer Reports-type of agency, and that they installed them incorrectly?

Yes, they were :)

I looked at these ages ago but thanks again for the link katiesmommy - I'd lost them in my bookmarks and have been looking for them for yonks! hehe.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I saw the seatbelt attached but I'm wondering if it wasn't locked? Not locking the seatbelt would easily allow it to come out of the guides in a collision because of how the seatbelt "attaches" to the carseat.

The Akta Duo is a pretty popular seat... it would be interesting to see a proper crash test with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC